Uitsig High School (previously known as Hoërskool Uitsig), based in The Reeds, Centurion, Gauteng presents the only relay event for high/secondary schools across the country on an annual basis. Next year we will present the 12th Relay event in partnership with TuksAthletics.
I would hereby like to extend an invitation to your High school/Secondary school/College to participate in the 2019 event.
The Uitsig/Tuks Relay event will take place on Tuesday, 5 February 2019 at the Tuks Bestmed Athletics stadium in Hatfield, Pretoria from 15:00 – 18:00. Some highlights from the previous years and next year are:
- A total of 25 – 32 secondary schools participated each year.
- We have once again booked a professional photographer to capture this event and you will be able to order photo’s after the event.
- The media usually also cover this event very well.
- GrootFM joined us at the 2018 event for a life broadcast directly from the stadium. They will once again be our media partner for this event. Extensive marketing is done before the event and from the event.
- Tuks Athletics is our collaborator and co-sponsor of this event since its inception. The 2019 event will once again be presented at their Bestmed Athletics Stadium in Hatfield, Pretoria.
- Previous Tuks world champion athletes attended our events.
- Prize money is awarded to the winning schools as well as trophies.
- Winning athletes take medals home.
- For the 2019 event, we would like to give back to the community and therefore donate 50 % of our profits to a worthy charity. More detail will be communicated soon.
- A light lunch will be presented in the VIP room to the Principals and Team Organisers an hour before the event commences. Coffee/tea and juice will be available for the rest of the afternoon in the venue.
- GrootFM is our media partner. They market the event on their radio station and will also broadcast directly from the station on the day of the event.
- Other partners on this day will be HeadStart Kids and Future Life.
Please note, you can already register this year and we can receive applications until no later than the 30th of January 2019. Final payment of the registration fee (R900 irrespective of the total amount of teams registered by your school) can be made by no later than the 31st of January 2019.
Contact the Event Co-ordinator, Manda Bester on email@example.com for the registration form.